Job Description: Marketing Specialist
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Walsh|Sheppard is seeking a marketing specialist to join our fun and energetic team of communications and marketing professionals. W|S is well known for branding some of Alaska’s most prominent businesses and nonprofit organizations. Our work is intellectually stimulating, strategic, fast-paced, and highly creative. W|S is a full-service brand marketing and communications agency located in downtown Anchorage. We specialize in the art of communications and offer our clients a host of services including social marketing, advertising and marketing strategy, public relations, research and evaluation, digital, and traditional media. We offer our employees flexible work schedules and a hybrid work-from-home and in-office work plan.
Marketing Specialist candidates should possess curiosity and motivation, and have a thorough understanding of contemporary advertising and marketing channels such ABM, web UX, email marketing, and social and digital media. They should also have experience in data analytics and the ability to translate and present data. This person should hold an English, journalism, communications, business, or marketing degree, together with successful advertising agency and/or marketing experience in relevant capacities. At least two years of organic and paid social media management are preferred for this position.
Job responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining direct, day-to-day client contact
- Assisting in writing proposals, marketing plans, publicity, etc., as requested
- Managing project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel
- Managing advertising and marketing projects from conception to completion
- Developing written content for social media and other platforms
- Developing, managing, and implementing social media editorial calendars across different platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, as well as emerging platforms
- Analyzing data from Google Display, SEO/SEM, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram; translating and presenting data
- Working within the agency’s account team to determine brand and campaign objectives and initiate innovative solutions
- Monitoring and reporting trends in the digital landscape
- Educating and supporting clients and internal teams in understanding best practices for digital marketing channels as needed
- Monitoring clients’ social media profiles and feeds and responding or providing recommendations for responses to comments/messages
Salary DOE. W|S provides health, dental, and 401k plans.
Job Description: Graphic Designer
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Walsh|Sheppard is seeking a Graphic Designer to join our team of communications and marketing professionals. A strong knowledge base and experience working in Alaska are preferred. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and a fun, high-energy working environment. Salary DOE.
Knowledge of design production processes, illustration and various software including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other industry design and production software; reasonable drawing skills; printing processes and specification; paper specification; ink specification; familiarity with typestyles, type design, and type specification; stock photography; computer retouching and image manipulation; art direction of original photography, and good communication skills are desirable. Familiarity with digital video editing is a plus.
- Provides design and illustration from conception to completion as required.
- Works with creative department to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns.
- Assists account teams with presentations for creative and new business pitches.
- Works with independent contractors (freelance illustrators, photographers, etc.) as needed per assignment, under supervision of the creative director, and in conjunction with account team to meet assigned deadlines.
- Maintains high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions; takes training in the use of new editing, design, and illustration software as the agency requires.
- Assists in archiving and maintaining digital files, project hard copies, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, historical collateral samples, etc., of client materials, and in maintaining a log of archives to assist other department members in locating necessary files and references.
- Maintains current computer software skills compatible with the needs of other creative team members.
- Maintains internal file backups for work in progress; uploads completed project files to agency server.
- Maintains a reasonable inventory of necessary art supplies for the fulfillment of design responsibilities.
- Has basic knowledge of Alaska, its peoples, geography, and nuances unique to our state.
- Reports to Creative Director