Job Description: Account Strategist
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
The successful candidate must possess strong writing, planning, and presentation skills and the ability to execute complex and fast-paced projects. A Bachelor’s degree and at least four years of professional experience in marketing or public relations are required. A strong knowledge base and experience working in Alaska are preferred. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and a fun, high-energy working environment.
- Directs the activities of account executives and coordinators to ensure proper agency service to clients.
- Maintains direct, day-to-day client contact and nurtures the client relationship.
- Works in a proactive manner to provide client marketing plans with the greatest amount of added value through communications.
- Analyzes client input, together with background knowledge, research, field feedback, etc. to produce full communications plans.
- Devises communications, marketing, and advertising strategy.
- Provides creative, production, media, public relations and interactive department personnel with well-documented input, support data and production materials as required; ensures that advertising strategies are clearly defined, approved by clients, and understood by the creative and media groups.
- Independently presents and effectively sells communications plans, concepts, media and interactive marketing plans to clients; where creative and media personnel are present, supports them in selling concepts and plans.
- Keeps apprised of all relevant client, industry and market developments.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Liaises with research personnel and other non-creative freelance resources.
- Writes Client Contact Reports; reviews important developments with relevant account executives and vice president of client services.
- Seeks out new business opportunities with new and existing clients and plays a lead role in their development.
- Represents the agency at industry functions—promotes the agency at every opportunity. Is fully familiar with agency credentials and specialties.
- Continuously works to upgrade knowledge and skills through available reading, courses and seminars.