Job Description: Graphic Designer
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Walsh|Sheppard is seeking a Graphic Designer to join our team of communications and marketing professionals. A strong knowledge base and experience working in Alaska are preferred. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and a fun, high-energy working environment. Salary DOE.
Knowledge of design production processes, illustration and various software including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other industry design and production software; reasonable drawing skills; printing processes and specification; paper specification; ink specification; familiarity with typestyles, type design, and type specification; stock photography; computer retouching and image manipulation; art direction of original photography, and good communication skills are desirable. Familiarity with digital video editing is a plus.
- Provides design and illustration from conception to completion as required.
- Works with creative department to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns.
- Assists account teams with presentations for creative and new business pitches.
- Works with independent contractors (freelance illustrators, photographers, etc.) as needed per assignment, under supervision of the creative director, and in conjunction with account team to meet assigned deadlines.
- Maintains high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions; takes training in the use of new editing, design, and illustration software as the agency requires.
- Assists in archiving and maintaining digital files, project hard copies, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, historical collateral samples, etc., of client materials, and in maintaining a log of archives to assist other department members in locating necessary files and references.
- Maintains current computer software skills compatible with the needs of other creative team members.
- Maintains internal file backups for work in progress; uploads completed project files to agency server.
- Maintains a reasonable inventory of necessary art supplies for the fulfillment of design responsibilities.
- Has basic knowledge of Alaska, its peoples, geography, and nuances unique to our state.
- Reports to Creative Director